A 26 week programme (that can be extended depending on needs) to get the student up and ready for work.
This could be through Apprenticeship route or direct employment or onto additional training.
Many of these students have had a rocky time in school and cannot cope with a large college environment.
We provide a smaller nurturing setting for them to develop, very similar to the model of the 14 - 16 provision.
• They are with us for 20.5 hours per week (2 Days plus 1 day at a placement in their chosen vocational area when ready)
• Thursday and Friday (Based at Lingfield)
• Stepping stone English and Math qualification along with accredited vocational training, employability and personal development qualifications. This all is tailored to the individual.
• Referrals are made directly to us as all places are funded.
• Bursary offered depending on eligibility.
Vocational areas to choose from could be any of the following;
Hair and Beauty
Health and Social Care
Educational Support (TA'S)
Dog grooming and therapy
to name just a few
'WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT MIDDLESBROUGH COMMUNITY LEARNING TRAINEESHIP PROGRAMME FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 16/17 HAS AN 88.5% ACHIEVEMENT WHICH IS AN EXCELLENT RESULT. THIS WAS ABOVE THE NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT RATE OF 88.3%'
For futher information contact:
01642 598446 & 01642 576520
Jan Earl - Alternative Provision Coordinator